SCB3055NB/SCB3065NB, 11 hour charger
Important Safety Instructions:
Save these instructions - this manual contains important safety and operating instructions
for this charger. Before using your charger read all instructions and cautionary markings
on the charger, the batteries to be charged and the products that use the batteries.
• Use to charge Ni-MH batteries only. Do not charge Alkaline, Zinc Carbon, Lithium or
any other type of battery not specified on the charger. Other types of batteries might
burst or leak causing personal injury.
• For proper battery insertion, please observe pole indications (+/-). See fig. A.
• Do not dispose of in fire, short circuit or open.
• Charge new batteries before using.
• Never alter the plug.
• Do not operate the charger if it has been subjected to shock or if it is damaged.
• Do not disassemble the charger.
• To avoid risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the electrical outlet before
cleaning or when not in use,
• This battery charger is for indoor use only. Do not expose the charger to rain or
excessive moisture. Keep the charger away from dust and dirt, which can cause
premature wear of parts or harm its normal operation.
• Never use the charger as a power source for any electrical equipment.
• Do not incinerate, disassemble or short circuit batteries since they may burst or
release toxic materials.
• This charger is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without
• Do not operate the charger if the plug is damaged.
• Do not charge AAA and AA batteries in the same slot.
• Do not charge damaged or leaking batteries.
• Wipe the charger with a damp cloth occasionally without harsh chemicals, cleaning
solvents or strong detergents.
• Charger and batteries must be disposed of separately. Inform yourself about the
separate collection system for electrical and electronic products.
General charging guidelines
• At the same time you can charge 2 or 4 AA/AAA batteries or one or two 9V
batteries at the same time.
• For long battery life, only charge empty batteries.
• When charging, ambient temperature should be between 0°C and 40°C (32°F and
• You can charge batteries with different capacity (mAh) and size (AA/AAA) at the same
• Make sure batteries in each pair of slots (1/2 and/or 3/4) are identical (same capacity,
Note: it is normal for the unit and the batteries to become warm while charging.
1 Insert batteries in the charger. See fig. A.
2 Plug the charger into a household electric outlet. See fig. B.
> When charging batteries, the red LED indicator(s) will remain lit until the charging is
stopped manually. See fig. C.
> The battery charger will go into trickle charge mode after charging for 11 hours.
3 When finished, unplug the charger from the power source and remove the batteries.
See fig. C.Always unplug between charges!
Battery charging times: See fig. D.
Visit our website at: www.philips.com