Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Trademarks are the property of Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. or their respective owners.
2005 © Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. All rights reserved.
SCB1430NB/SCB1435NB/SCB1440NB Battery charger
Important Safety Instructions:
Save these instructions - this manual contains important safety and operating instructions
for this charger. Before using your charger read all instructions and cautionary markings
on the charger, the batteries to be charged and the products that use the batteries.
• Use to charge AA (1.2V, 2500 mAh, Ni-MH/Ni-Cd) and AAA (1.2V 1000 mAh, Ni-MH/
Ni-Cd) rechargeable batteries only. Do not charge Alkaline, Zinc Carbon, Lithium or
any other type of battery not specified on the charger. Other types of batteries might
burst or leak causing personal injury.
• For proper battery insertion, please observe pole indications (+/-). See fig. A.
• Do not dispose of in fire, short circuit or open.
• Charge new batteries before using.
• Never alter the plug.
• Do not operate the charger if it has been subjected to shock or if it is damaged.
• Do not disassemble the charger.
• To avoid risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the electrical outlet before
cleaning or when not in use,
• This battery charger is for indoor use only. Do not expose the charger to rain or
excessive moisture. Keep the charger away from dust and dirt, which can cause
premature wear of parts or harm its normal operation.
• Never use the charger as a power source for any electrical equipment.
• Do not incinerate, disassemble or short circuit batteries since they may burst or
release toxic materials.
• This charger is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without
• Do not operate the charger if the plug is damaged.
• Do not charge AAA and AA batteries in the same slot.
• Do not charge damaged or leaking batteries.
• Charge Ni-Cd and Ni-MH batteries separately.
• Do not mix batteries with different capacity.
•Remove the batteries from the charger before it is scrapped.
Dispose of the batteries safely.
• Wipe the charger with a damp cloth occasionally without harsh chemicals, cleaning
solvents or strong detergents.
• Charger and batteries must be disposed of separately. Inform yourself about the
separate collection system for electrical and electronic products.
General charging guidelines
• At the same time you can charge two or four AA or AAA batteries or two AA and
two AAA batteries.
• For long battery life, only charge empty batteries.
• When charging,ambient temperature should be between 0°C and 40°C (32°F and
• Make sure batteries in each pair of slots (1/2 and/or 3/4) are identical (same capacity,
Note: it is normal for the unit and the batteries to become warm while charging.
1 Insert batteries into the charger. See fig. A. When charging only two batteries, insert
them into the same pair of battery slots (1/2 or 3/4).
2 Plug the charger into a wall outlet. See fig. B.
> The red charge LED(s) will illuminate, indicating that charging is in progress.
The LED(s) will remain lit until charging is stopped manually.
3 When finished, unplug the charger from the power source and remove the batteries.
See fig. C.Always unplug between charges!
Battery charging times: See fig. D.
Charging times are for reference only as they may differ per brand and performance of
batteries as well as environmental conditions at the time of charging.
Visit our website at: www.philips.com